Horn & Co. has significant experience in the representation of biotechnology, medical device, software, telecommunications, and cleantech companies. The lawyers at Horn & Co. have participated, for over 25 years, in numerous transactions involving companies in these sectors, representing companies, founders, academic institutions and funds. The firm provides services with respect to all phases of a company’s lifecycle, in Israel, US and the EU.
The firm advises private and publicly held Israeli and foreign companies in all aspects of their activities from inception, including day-to-day operations and structuring, negotiating and drafting of commercial and strategic transactions. The firm’s corporate clients include companies of all sizes, from Israeli based incubator companies to multinational companies conducting business in Israel. The firm provides services with respect to all phases of a company’s lifecycle, including:
• Incorporation and founders’ agreements – setting up of companies in Israel, US, UK and EU.
• Corporate restructuring - we have advised companies that redomiciled to Delaware, US, to Israel and to the EU; companies that have merged into publicly traded companies in Israel and in the US; recapitalizations of share structures.
• Employment and consulting agreements – agreements for founders, as standards for major companies, as part of migration into Israeli companies, as part of mergers into non Israeli companies; advice on termination and employment law procedures (see Life Sciences practice area).
• Share option plans and employee benefits – the drafting and corporate approvals of employee share option and restricted share plans; incentive stock option plans for non Israeli employees of Israeli companies; ongoing advice to board committees with respect to the implementation, re-pricing and termination of the agreements.
• Corporate governance – advice to board members and chief executive officers of public and private companies with respect to corporate governance, attendance and service as corporate secretary at board meetings.
• We have been involved in the formation of several venture capital funds and regularly advise with respect to relationships with their investors and portfolio companies, and represent venture capital funds in their investments.